HISTORY OF THE ADA FULL GOSPEL CHURCH
It was the first Saturday evening of March, 1952 that a small group of worshippers, being led by Pastor Harold Cook, assembled in the Liberty Grange Hall located 2 miles north of Ada, on Highway 69 now known as State Route 235. The beginning of this assembly was truly an answer to many prayers that a Pentecostal church be established in Ada. From its beginning the Lord prospered the work. The ground to build a new church was donated by the Hackworth family in May of 1952. By June the new church, which seated 100 people, was completed enough to hold regular services. Little by little the Lord began to supply the necessities to complete the interior, even to the extent of a public address system.
In 1992 Robert Dye was voted in as Pastor of the Ada Full Gospel Church. In 1997 he had a vision to build a 300 seat church including Sunday school rooms, fully equipped kitchen and fellowship hall. The church was located across the road from the old church where he remained the Pastor for eleven years.
In March of 2003 the church voted in Pastor Karen Rarey and under her guidance in 2005 the Noah’s Ark playground was added.
As God continued to bless the church continued to grow and young families were added. In April of 2010 it became necessary to build on a 200 seat Impact Center, which is used for youth activities and services.
Today the church not only ministers locally but also broadcasts live around the world via the internet.